Saturday, August 15, 2026

Evolution of a Mother

 

Evolution of a Mother

 

Evolution - a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.

 

Above is the dictionary meaning of Evolution and I feel Motherhood is an evolution of a woman.

It was second week of January 2002, my doctor confirmed my pregnancy. We didn’t trust the doctor at first as I had danced crazy just a week ago for the New Year’s party. And this indication was sufficient for both of us to know that it’s a God GIFT for us. And from that very moment my gradual journey towards Motherhood started.

I would talk to my baby in the womb continuously; you are thrilled when u feel the first movement inside.

Finally after a long wait of Nine months, my baby was born on 12th September 2002.It was a C-section. This is the only situation when pain and pleasure work in unison! When I regained my consciousness after 3-4 hrs, I was like show me my baby. It was a girl!

It’s very difficult to put in words how exactly mother feels when she first sees her baby. A life born out of you! Oh, what a wonderful gift of nature to the entire womanhood! This experience of giving birth to a life is reserved exclusively for women. It’s the most joyous moment in every woman’s life.

Now my daughter is 4 ½ . And I have already found a buddy in her. We enjoy shopping together. We dance, we watch TV, we make crafts, and she helps me out by arranging a table. I get consoling words when my domestic help takes off.

Motherhood has changed my outlook towards life.  I feel I am a better human-being, better daughter. I understand my Mother, her agony much better now. I am more sensitive towards people around me. And of course, my patience levels have shoot up; Multi tasking is no big deal for me!

I feel content. In my daughter I see my mother, my friend and my strength!

Happy Mother’s Day!

 

 

No comments: